“One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries.” ~ A.A. Milne
I love to craft and so am always collecting bits and bobs for making stuff. Unfortunately I am also terribly disorganised and so my office/craft room usually looks like someone attempted a science experiment using fabric and paper and blew up the lab. I’ve also recently developed a new obsession for making confetti and while it is super fun to make, it ain’t so super fun to clean up.
This week I finally stopped procrastinating and did a huge spring clean of our house. It was about 2 springs overdue but at least I finally got there! I always love cleaning up, especially my office, because I find so many fun things I had forgotten I even owned. And this week was no different. So far I have found:
- all my photo paper – a few years ago I went crazy on buying photo paper and I thought I had run out but it was actually hiding in a box of filing. Yeeha!
- my pinking shears – hidden in a box of paint. Who would have thought?
- so many Christmas and birthday presents I had bought Olivia and other family members and forgotten about. Looks like I don’t have as much Christmas shopping to do as I had thought.
- materials for a few craft projects I was planning to create tutorials for in the magazine. Instant inspiration!
- 10 rolls of sticky tape, 5 reels of white thread, 3 billion pens and enough scrap paper to cover all the walls in my entire house
I’m not a big fan of cleaning but I do love having a clean house. It’s a tricky situation I find myself in. I also love surprises. So I think I will continue with my pattern of make chaos, clean chaos, discover fun and exciting things I own.
Do you clean everyday? What exciting discoveries have you made while spring cleaning?
Hi there gorgeous mama! Sign up to the Kid Magazine weekly newsletter to receive beauty, style, recipes and parenting tips plus special offers and more!