Hello, welcome, pleased to meet you! As the new Editor of Kid Magazine I am so excited to welcome you to our relaunched site with a funky new look and to tell you a bit about myself.
I live in the suburbs of Sydney with my husband Pete, our cat Nigella Pawson and our dog Bone Jovi. Pete I were only married in February this year so we are still settling into married life in the company of our family pets. I have put together nine random facts about me that will give you some insight into who I am.
1. I speak Japanese and have been to Japan three times (and looking forward to a fourth trip over to report on the latest and kookiest Japanese fashion trends for kids)
2. I love to cook and entertain for my family and friends. I even held a wedding lunch after we returned from our honeymoon for some guests who were ill on the wedding day and cooked them a three course meal in my wedding dress
3. My favourite colour is pink. I always buy the pink garbage bags, insist on having a pink toothbrush and have a house full of random pink items. My philosophy is if in doubt, buy pink
4. The one thing I can’t leave the house without is my sunglasses
5. The one thing you would hear me ask every morning is “where are my sunglasses?”
6. I am slightly obsessed with shoes and lost count at 40 pairs of heels
7. Craft, sewing and making things are how I relax. My husband has now banned me from craft blogs as I am always finding new projects to do around the house
8. I don’t drink coffee but a cup of tea will always relax me and put me in a good mood
9. I am the Queen of lists. I use Wunderlist to help keep the various facets of my life organised
I love fashion and believe that kids will discover their own unique style if you let them experiment with bright colours, patterns and prints, beautiful fabrics and great pieces. As an adult it isn’t too late to discover your style. But once you have it, stick to it as it will be your best friend and save you from many fashion nightmares!
I am excited about bringing the readers of Kid Magazine new and fresh content about everything they love. I want to get to know our readers better so please visit us on facebook, subscribe to the newsletter or send an email to say hi. I would love to hear from you!
Hi there gorgeous mama! Sign up to the Kid Magazine weekly newsletter to receive beauty, style, recipes and parenting tips plus special offers and more!