This product talk is brought to you by Nuffnang and Illoom Balloons.
Balloons are balloons are balloons right? Wrong! Well they were, but not anymore. Illooms light up LED balloons have arrived in Australia and they are lighting up celebrations (and kids bedrooms) with colour and fun!
What are Illoom Balloons?
Illooms are just like regular balloons but they feature a tiny LED light in the top which when activated illuminates the balloon creating a really cool effect. They come in a range of colours, designs and special shapes like aliens and gnomes. They range in price from $6.99-$9.99 for a pack of 3-4 balloons.
How do they inflate?
To inflate Illooms you will need a balloon pump and a strong arm. You pull out the card from inside the balloon to activate the LED light and then just inflate with a regular balloon pump. I’m a big fan of helium (it’s just so easy!) but helium isn’t recommended for Ilooms so that is the only downside for me.
Do they actually work?
Yes, they really do. The ones that I inflated were still glowing 24 hours later (and some up to 48 hours later), although they had deflated quite a lot, as you would expect.
How can I use them?
The sky, or rather the ceiling, is the limit. But here a few ideas for displaying your Illooms at your next celebration.
- Tie string to the bottom of the balloon and then wrap them around the branches of a tree for a fun lit up enchanted garden style evening party
- Safer than using tea light candles, line your path or hallway with balloons by sticking them to the floor with a little tape
- Hang lit up vines from your ceiling by tying a number of balloons along a piece of string. You can hang these over door frames if you don’t want your party guests entering a certain room or in the corner of a room to add some light
- Create the ultimate disco party with a room filled with Illooms. The kids will sleep well after running around, chasing balloons and dancing the night away
- Tell ghost stories around an Illoom style “campfire”. Rather than passing around a torch, pass around the balloon for spooky story time
Where can I buy them?
Illooms are available now from major retailers; Big W, Kmart & Woolworths – find them in the party aisle.
Have you used Illooms before? Do you have any other ideas for decorating with light-up balloons?
Hi there gorgeous mama! Sign up to the Kid Magazine weekly newsletter to receive beauty, style, recipes and parenting tips plus special offers and more!