Host your own DIY kids pamper party
Body Treats have been pampering the women of Sydney with facials, pedicures, manicures and other treats for the past 8 years. A few years ago they started Kids Pamper Parties as a unique party option aimed at girls aged between 4 to 16 years. They are the experts in running a pamper party and were kind enough to share their tips for running your very own at home.
1. Less is best when it comes to your invite list. Keep numbers to around 8-12 so you don’t need an army to do the pampering!
2. Make sure the kids are constantly entertained by having plenty of games and activities for them to look forward to.
3. On the topic of games, make sure you pick games that are age appropriate. Musical statues, colouring in, pass the parcel etc are all great for kids up until the age of 10 or 11. Older girls want to be more grown up so Kids Pamper Parties runs a beauty quiz so the girls are able to learn a few beauty tips and tricks to use as they transition into beautiful young women.
4. Set the mood with music. For younger parties think current pop songs to keep the activities buzzing. For older parties you might want to try some tranquil Zen music to set the scene for a peaceful and relaxed party.
5. Choose pamper treats that the kids will love. Kids Pamper Parties ALWAYS have nail painting as girls of any age love to flash their favourite colour on their nails. Other pamper ideas include hairspray and face jewels, funky make-up, temporary tattoos, foot soaks and facials, just to name a few. Nourished Life is a great online store for purchasing toxin free make-up, nail polish and skin products that are safe for kids to use. Check the range out here*.
6. The party will be made with all the finishing touches. Food and drink are important (think pink lemonade and cupcakes) and budget permitting each girl could have a spa gown to wear for the day. You are only limited by your imagination!
Want to bring in the experts? Kids Pamper Parties run the entire party leaving only the food up to the mums and dads. They play games, give out prizes and pamper your little ones like no one else. As a mobile service, they come to you and bring all the equipment and goods. Just add the girls and you have a recipe for a fabulous party. You can find our more about their services by visiting their website.
Planning a pamper party? Sign up below to receive your free pamper party printable invitations, cupcake toppers, cake bunting, full size bunting and thank you cards. You will be sent an email to download a PDF which contains the printables plus instructions on how to use them.