With the hot Australian Summer sun shining through we all need to be protecting our skin from its damaging rays. Using a good quality sunscreen every day will help keep skin looking youthful and lush. There are so many products on the market that it is hard to know which is best for you and your family. Ideally you will have more than one product with an SPF rating in the bathroom cabinet to cater to different needs throughout the season. Here are ten great sun protection products to try this Summer.
1. For babies – suitable for babies three months and older Milk Baby Protect Me Sunscreen is a hypoallergenic, mineral based SPF 30+ sunscreen with wonderful moisturising properties. Keep that precious baby skin soft! RRP $22.95, available from milkskincare.com
2. For kids – applying sunscreen to wriggly kids is easier with Banana Boat Ultra Clear Spray. Recommended by the Skin Cancer Foundation this sunscreen requires no rubbing so you can just spray it on the kids knowing it will dry fast. It is also four hours water resistant. RRP $16.49, more information available on the Banana Boat website
3. For sensitive skin – if you have a sensitivity to general sunscreen ingredients then try SunSense Sensitive 30+. Four hour water resistant and with an SPF of 30+. RRP $17.99, more information available on theSunSense website
4. For mums and dads – Invisible Zinc Four Hour Water Resistant Sunscreen offers the same high-performance sun protection as the original Invisible Zinc with the additional feature of a water-resistant formula ideal for outdoor training or the beach. The formula is non-greasy and also suitable for use on sensitive skin. RRP $29.95, available from invisiblezinc.com.au
5. For days at the beach – don’t you hate that feeling of applying sunscreen when your skin is still wet? Neutrogena Wet Skin Adult SPF 30+ Spray has been formulated for application on wet skin. It cuts through water to form a broad-spectrum protective barrier. It provides high protection under wet or dry conditions. Spray is four hours water resistant. RRP $14.99, available from cincottachemist.com.au
6. For faces – your face is always exposed to the sun all year round so adding regular SPF protection to your daily face routine is essential. CLINIQUE Super City Block SPF 30+ is suitable for all skin types and can be worn along or an under make-up primer. RRP $36, available from clinique.com.au
7. For hair – Aveda Sun Care Protective Hair Veil has a lightweight, water-resistant formula that provides invisible protection from sun exposure for up to 16 hours. Ingredients such as vitamin E, organic sunflower seed oil and organic shea butter protect hair from the sun and free radicals while also minimising colour fade, damage and dryness. RRP $49.95, more information available at aveda.com.au
8. For hands – Molton Brown Naran Ji Soothing Hand Lotion SPF 15 is a soothing and moisturising hand cream infused with pure neroli, natural humectants and SPF 15 sunscreen to offer triple protection from UVA/UVB rays, skin dryness and premature ageing. RRP $28, available from thebeautyclub.com.au
9. For lips – dry lips are so painful and unflattering! Bonne Bell Therapy Lip Gel SPF 30+ contains vitamin E and SPF 30+ to nourish the skin, replenish lost moisture and protect lips from the suns rays. The gel is infused with colling menthol for calming irritation and invigorating the senses. RRP $4.39, available fromcincottachemist.com.au
10. For after sun – after days in the sun, no matter how vigilant you have been with sunscreen and covering up your skin will require moisturising. Napoleon Perdis After Sun Body Oil This formula combines light reflectors to help skin appear smooth and even, along with aloe vera and hazelnut oil, which provide nourishing and smoothing benefits. RRP $30, available from click4beauty.com.au
Hi there gorgeous mama! Sign up to the Kid Magazine weekly newsletter to receive beauty, style, recipes and parenting tips plus special offers and more!