Hi, my name is Sara and I’m a craftaholic. It all started when I was a little girl and my mum would lay out boxes of pom poms and pipe cleaners for us to create with. I still love the feeling of glitter between my fingers. If you are a crafter like me, you will relate to everything in this list below. Know that there are others like you. Other women (and men) who love the simple art of, as my husband so delicately puts it, making sh*t.
And you will find lots of people like us at the upcoming Stitches and Craft Show at Sydney’s Rosehill Gardens Racecourse, 3-6 March 2016. Scroll down to the bottom of the post for details on how you can win one of two double passes to attend the show… But now, which of these can you relate to?
- Fabric is like a life source that must be protected at all costs. She who dies with the most fabric wins!
- A hot glue gun is not just a crafting tool, it is a necessary household appliance
- There is no such thing as a “quick trip” to Spotlight. There is something magical about that place that means things you didn’t even know you needed somehow inspire you to make something new
- The more craft projects you have going at one time the better. When one project is finished, there should always be at least one more waiting
- Pinterest is your digital scrapbook of ideas to create. No Pinterest fails for you!
- Those sharpie pen mugs actually require Sharpie PAINT Pens to work (and you know because you’ve tried)
- Your kids birthday parties aren’t complete unless you made at least one invitation/decoration/party bag/elaborate game board
- There is a whole cupboard in your house dedicated to “craft” and it is the most colourful place in your house
- Every time you head to the “craft cupboard” your partner shakes his head and takes himself as far away from the glitter bomb that is about to explode
- Said craft cupboard is organised with pretty personalised labels and boxes that you have made yourself
- As much as Mister Maker annoys the hell out of you, you admire his ability to make stuff and do so without creating any mess at all
- You wait until the kids have gone to bed at night so you can get out your craft supplies. This isn’t kids play people!
- Finally, craft fairs are like having all your favourite people in the same room at once. And each of your favourite people brought your favourite shiny things with them, like beads and ribbon and yarn, oh my!
To win one of two double passes to the Stitches and Craft Show enter the form below. Competition closes on Thursday, 25 February 2016 at midnight AEDST. Please read the competition terms & conditions before entering. Prize does not include travel.