10 uses for fabric storage boxes
Fabric storage boxes are hot home property right now. They look good on display and are also functional – win/win. If you have seen them at the shops and wondered what you could use them for, here are 10 ideas to get you started.
- Hair bits and bobs – keep a little one on your bedside table to have handy access
- Toys – great for LEGO, puzzles and other toys with lots of pieces
- Makeup and brushes – make sure they are waterproof
- Snacks – keep one in the pantry and pop the kids snacks in
- Craft bits – threads, yarn, stamps, stickers and other crafty bits
- Plants – some are more suited to this than others but you could even do this as just a short term table centrepiece for a dinner party
- Nappies – keep one next to your baby change table as a nappy caddy
- Underwear storage – if you have limited wardrobe space you could keep a box on the shelf with your underwear in it
- Party – perfect for party bags and treats at kids (or adults!) parties like we did in our December issue party shoot
- Tea – keep one next to the kettle with all your tea bags in it. Cute!
I also took the liberty of having a browse through the Etsy shelves to find 9 gorgeous fabric storage boxes. What do you think?
1. Paper toy storage sack by WhiteMoonDesign 2. Flamingo fabric basket by hellosweetmae 3. Metallic denim storage bag by TisCoverIt 4. Silver denim fabric pouch by NettaDesigns 5. Fuchsia hessian pot pouch by NettaDesigns 6. Pink wool felt storage bag by LazySundayHome 7. Polka dot fabric storage holder by annabellandjasper 8. Superheroes reversible storage basket by FriedaSunshine 9. Gold makeup brush holder by NoLongerBlue
** I love Etsy, yes I do! And that is why I joined their affiliate program. The links in this post are affiliate links but you can be assured that I spent over an hour researching the best of the best and would never recommend anything that I wouldn’t buy for myself or my family. You might like to read this post I wrote in 2012 about why I love buying handmade.
What do you use your fabric storage boxes for?
Want more fab tips for the home plus recipes, fashion and more? Sign up to our weekly newsletter and also receive each issue of Kid Magazine delivered straight to your email inbox.